1.3.1 (Oct 13, 2016)¶
- Rebuilt broken method scan_iter. Previous tests was to small to detect the problem but is not corrected to work on a bigger dataset during the test of that method. (korvus81, Grokzen, RedWhiteMiko)
- Errors in pipeline that should be retried, like connection errors, moved, errors and ask errors now fall back to single operation logic in StrictRedisCluster.execute_command. (72squared).
- Moved reinitialize_steps and counter into nodemanager so it can be correctly counted across pipeline operations (72squared).
1.3.0 (Sep 11, 2016)¶
- Removed RedisClusterMgt class and file
- Fixed a bug when using pipelines with RedisCluster class (Ozahata)
- Bump redis-server during travis tests to 3.0.7
- Added docs about same module name in another python redis cluster project.
- Fix a bug when a connection was to be tracked for a node but the node either do not yet exists or was removed because of resharding was done in another thread. (ashishbaghudana)
- Fixed a bug with “CLUSTER …” commands when a node_id argument was needed and the return type was supposed to be converted to bool with bool_ok in redis._compat.
- Add back gitter chat room link
- Add new client commands - cluster_reset_all_nodes
- Command cluster_delslots now determines what cluster shard each slot is on and sends each slot deletion command to the correct node. Command have changed argument spec (Read Upgrading.rst for details)
- Fixed a bug when hashing the key it if was a python 3 byte string and it would cause it to route to wrong slot in the cluster (fossilet, Grokzen)
- Fixed a bug when reinitialize the nodemanager it would use the old nodes_cache instead of the new one that was just parsed (monklof)
1.2.0 (Apr 09, 2016)¶
- Drop maintained support for python 3.2.
- Remove Vagrant file in favor for repo maintained by 72squared
- Add Support for password protected cluster (etng)
- Removed assertion from code (gmolight)
- Fixed a bug where a regular connection pool was allocated with each StrictRedisCluster instance.
- Rework pfcount to now work as expected when all arguments points to same hashslot
- New code and important changes from redis-py 2.10.5 have been added to the codebase.
- Removed the need for threads inside of pipeline. We write the packed commands all nodes before reading the responses which gives us even better performance than threads, especially as we add more nodes to the cluster.
- Allow passing in a custom connection pool
- Provide default max_connections value for ClusterConnectionPool (2**31)
- Travis now tests both redis 3.0.x and 3.2.x
- Add simple ptpdb debug script to make it easier to test the client
- Fix a bug in sdiffstore (mt3925)
- Fix a bug with scan_iter where duplicate keys would be returned during itteration
- Implement all “CLUSTER …” commands as methods in the client class
- Client now follows the service side setting ‘cluster-require-full-coverage=yes/no’ (baranbartu)
- Change the pubsub implementation (PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE commands) from using one single node to now determine the hashslot for the channel name and use that to connect to a node in the cluster. Other clients that do not use this pattern will not be fully compatible with this client. Known limitations is pattern subscription that do not work properly because a pattern can’t know all the possible channel names in advance.
- Convert all docs to ReadTheDocs
- Rework connection pool logic to be more similar to redis-py. This also fixes an issue with pubsub and that connections was never release back to the pool of available connections.
1.1.0 (Oct 27, 2015)¶
- Refactored exception handling and exception classes.
- Added READONLY mode support, scales reads using slave nodes.
- Fix __repr__ for ClusterConnectionPool and ClusterReadOnlyConnectionPool
- Add max_connections_per_node parameter to ClusterConnectionPool so that max_connections parameter is calculated per-node rather than across the whole cluster.
- Improve thread safty of get_connection_by_slot and get_connection_by_node methods (iandyh)
- Improved error handling when sending commands to all nodes, e.g. info. Now the connection takes retry_on_timeout as an option and retry once when there is a timeout. (iandyh)
- Added support for SCRIPT LOAD, SCRIPT FLUSH, SCRIPT EXISTS and EVALSHA commands. (alisaifee)
- Improve thread safety to avoid exceptions when running one client object inside multiple threads and doing resharding of the cluster at the same time.
- Fix ASKING error handling so now it really sends ASKING to next node during a reshard operation. This improvement was also made to pipelined commands.
- Improved thread safety in pipelined commands, along better explanation of the logic inside pipelining with code comments.
1.0.0 (Jun 10, 2015)¶
- No change to anything just a bump to 1.0.0 because the lib is now considered stable/production ready.
0.3.0 (Jun 9, 2015)¶
- simple benchmark now uses docopt for cli parsing
- New make target to run some benchmarks ‘make benchmark’
- simple benchmark now support pipelines tests
- Renamed RedisCluster –> StrictRedisCluster
- Implement backwards compatible redis.Redis class in cluster mode. It was named RedisCluster and everyone updating from 0.2.0 to 0.3.0 should consult docs/Upgrading.md for instructions how to change your code.
- Added comprehensive documentation regarding pipelines
- Meta retrieval commands(slots, nodes, info) for Redis Cluster. (iandyh)
0.2.0 (Dec 26, 2014)¶
- Moved pipeline code into new file.
- Code now uses a proper cluster connection pool class that handles all nodes and connections similar to how redis-py do.
- Better support for pubsub. All clients will now talk to the same server because pubsub commands do not work reliably if it talks to a random server in the cluster.
- Better result callbacks and node routing support. No more ugly decorators.
- Fix keyslot command when using non ascii characters.
- Add bitpos support, redis-py 2.10.2 or higher required.
- Fixed a bug where vagrant users could not build the package via shared folder.
- Better support for CLUSTERDOWN error. (Neuront)
- Parallel pipeline execution using threads. (72squared)
- Added vagrant support for testing and development. (72squared)
- Improve stability of client during resharding operations (72squared)
0.1.0 (Sep 29, 2014)¶
- Initial release
- First release uploaded to pypi